- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 70 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 2 onions, small and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried basil
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- 1/3 cup (75mL) 35% cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (425mL) swiss cheese, shredded
- 14 oz (397mL) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, basil, salt, oregano and pepper; cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Stir in sour cream, whipping cream, eggs and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Meanwhile, on lightly floured work surface, roll out entire piece of pastry to 15” x 11” rectangle. Fit into 13” x 9” baking pan, making a 2” border up sides. With fork, prick pastry all over. Line pastry with large piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil. Fill with pie weights or rice. Bake in centre of oven for 15 minutes. Remove weights and parchment paper.
- Spread filling evenly over pastry. Arrange tomatoes over filling in single layer. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is puffed and set. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.