- Yields: 4 cups (1 L)
- Preparation: 90 minutes
- 10 oz (300g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Regular Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) IVANHOE - Horseradish Cheddar, shredded
- 3/4 cup (175mL) green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) red pepper, roasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) BLACK RIVER - Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp (15mL) hot sauce, Louisiana-Style
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried dill
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
InstructionsYoung and old, we all love to dunk, so when unexpected company drops in, a quick and delicious dip can readily serve as a last-minute snack or appetizer. Start with a tub of sour cream as the base and flavour with ingredients on hand, as in this bacon horseradish dip recipe. Serve with your favourite dippers or use as a zesty gourmet condiment for entrées or side dishes instead of sauce or gravy.
- Preheat broiler to high. Squeeze spinach completely dry. Place in bowl. Add sour cream, Horseradish Cheddar, green onion, roasted red pepper, Parmesan cheese, hot sauce, dill, salt, pepper and garlic. Chill for 1 hour to meld flavours. Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve with fresh cut veggie sticks and bread cubes.
- For hot cheesy dip, after the dip has melded, transfer to a shallow, oven-proof serving dish. Sprinkle additional shredded Cheddar, evenly over top. Broil for 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and dip is heated through. Serve warm with toasted pita wedges, nacho chips and fresh cut vegetables.
- Dip can be made ahead and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- For spice lovers, increase hot sauce to taste.