- Yields: 40 to 48 pieces
- Preparation: 49 minutes
- 2 lb (1Kg) jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 cup (250mL) 35% cream
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) lime zest, grated
- 1 tsp (5mL) lime juice, freshly squeezed
- cucumber, 1 slice per shrimp
- lime zest, for garnish
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter over medium high heat. Sautée shrimp in batches, until just pink, opaque and curled for about 4 minutes, adding more butter between batches. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a chilled bowl, combine cream, chili powder, salt and lime zest. Whip until soft peaks form. Stir in lime juice. Chill for at least 30 minutes or for up to 2 hours.
- Slice cucumber on an angle, approximately ¼” thick (5 mm).
- Place a small dollop of whipped cream on cucumber slices.
- Place one shrimp on each and garnish with lime zest.
- These elegant appetizers are perfect for summer entertaining on the patio.