- Yields: 1 loaf
- Preparation: 65 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15mL) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (250mL) Hewitt's - milk
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup (375mL) IVANHOE - Old Sharpe Cheddar, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) walnuts, toasted
- IVANHOE - Old Sharpe Cheddar, additional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a mixing bowl, stir together salt, flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine milk, beaten egg and melted butter. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in Old Sharpe Cheddar and toasted walnut pieces. Place mixture into buttered 9"x 5"x 3" (2L) loaf pan or 3 (2 cup/500mL) mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. Sprinkle with Old Sharpe Cheddar. Cool 10 minutes in pan; turn out and cool completely.
- Additional Ivanhoe Old Sharpe Cheddar, to garnish.