- In food processor, pulse together flour and salt to aerate. Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal with a few larger pieces about the size of peas.
- In a separate bowl, stir together ice water and vinegar. Add water mixture to food processor bowl; pulse briefly, adding up to 1 tbsp (15 mL) more water if mixture looks too dry. Pulse until mixture is thoroughly moistened but has not formed into a ball. Turn mixture out onto work surface. Knead lightly to bring together into a ball; flatten into disc. Cover in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or for up to 3 days.
- Roll out pastry and fit into 9” (23 cm) pie plate. Trim pastry, leaving 1” (2.5 cm) overhang; fold overhang under and flute edge if desired. With fork, prick shell all over; cover with foil or parchment paper. Cover foil evenly with dried beans. Bake on lowest rack at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes. Lift out dried beans; bake for another 10 minutes or until pastry is browned.
- In large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cream and sour cream; slowly fold into pumpkin mixture until well blended. Pour into baked pie shell.
- Bake on lowest rack at 350°F (180°C) for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool on rack.
- Decorate edges of pie with whipped cream.