Maple Multi-Grain Granola:
- Toss oats with almonds, quinoa, rye flakes, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. Stir maple syrup with butter, vanilla and salt; drizzle over oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture in a thin, even layer onto a large, parchment paper-lined, rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 325ºF (160ºC), stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until golden and crunchy. Let cool completely. Stir in the raisins and cranberries. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Makes 8 cups (2 L) or about 32 parfaits
- Divide butter between two large, deep heavy skillets. Divide apples between skillets; sauté until tender. Divide maple syrup and cinnamon between skillets. Cook, tossing, until caramelized. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Makes about 6 cups (2 L) or about 16 parfaits
Individual Breakfast Parfaits:
- Spoon half the cottage cheese into a clear 10 oz (300 mL) disposable parfait or beverage cup with a lid. Top with half of each sautéed apples and granola; repeat layers once. Store in the refrigerator for up to one day. Makes 1 breakfast parfait.
- Make this recipe gluten-free in two easy steps, replace the rye flakes and wheat bran with the chia seeds in place of flax seeds.