- Yields: 12 servings
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 6 (90g) STIRLING - Butter Medallions, garlic and parsley
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) IVANHOE - Goat Cheese Salsa, crumbled
- 2 cups (500mL) onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups (500mL) red peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp (10mL) ground cumin
- 2 tsp (10mL) sweet paprika
- 1 tsp (5mL) red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (28 oz/796 mL chacune) tomates-prune entières
- 2 tsp (10mL) salt, divided
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper, divided
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125mL) cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Heat butter in large skillet set over medium heat; sauté onions and peppers for about 7 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin, paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Gently crush tomatoes with hands; add to skillet along with juices. Add 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper; simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch (23 cm) square casserole dish. Using back of spoon, create indentations in tomato sauce and gently crack egg into each one. Season eggs with remaining salt and pepper; crumble cheese over top. Transfer to oven and bake for about 7 minutes or until eggs are just set. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- For more heat, add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper to skillet mixture and use Ivanhoe Cheese Goat Jalapeño Peppers.