- In bowl, whisk together butter, sour cream, milk, eggs and sugar.
- In separate bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, salt, soda, pepper and hot pepper flakes. Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture along with corn; mixing just until moist. Spread into greased 8-inch (2L) springform. Sprinkle cheese over.
- Bake in centre of preheated 425F (220C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden around the edges and cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- For extra flavour and colour, you can add 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled bacon or chopped roasted red pepper to the batter.
- To use this delicious cornbread for a stuffing, cut into cubes and let stand overnight on a baking sheet to dry out.
- Excellent source of folate.